Kristin Souza is a Connecticut cannabis advocate, marketing specialist and the founder of Sugar Leaf, a HIGHbrid boutique located in Middletown, Connecticut.
Kristin focuses on breaking the stigma around cannabis consumption, particularly as it pertains to women, mothers, and parents through education, events, advocacy and by harnessing the power of social media.
She has been featured in multiple local print publications such as The Middletown Press and CT News Junkie, radio shows such as CT Public Radio's "All Things Considered", “Cannabis Corner Radio” and “88.1FM WESU”. She also served as an interim podcast co-host on 2 Be Blunt with Peezy and has been a guest on multiple other podcasts including The Young Jurks and Wild Women Who Rise.
Kristin was also nominated for the 2022 NECANN Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Additionally, she was a panel moderator for the "Cannabis for Women's Health" panel at NECANN Hartford 2023.
So what are some of the projects I have worked on?
- Marketing Specialist support to Beth Waterfall Creative
- Provided on-site event support for "Not Just a Whim" presented by Apothercare
- Provided on-site event support for the 2022 ELEVATE Northeast Pitch Competition & Awards Ceremony as well as assisting with pre-work including solicitation of sponsors.
- Assistant to the Director of Programming for the 2023 New England Cannabis Convention in Boston and Hartford.
- Virtual Assistant to The Canna Mom Show
- Social Media Management support for Cake, Batter & Roll Bakery